I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Jill. She’s really supportive and positive, I highly recommend taking a quick look at her blog and following her on Twitter. You can see Jill’s original post here with the answers she gave and the questions she set.
I’ve seen this award on so many different blogs and it’s so nice to be nominated. The award is all about celebrating bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity through their blog, which is something I really try to do. With that said, let’s jump straight in with the questions Jill has set!
1. Which blog post are you most proud of?
This is really difficult! I’ve been blogging for a year and a half, so I have a lot of posts out there. I think my all time favourite is probably my Glamping post, simply because this was the first post where I used a good camera to take my photos and I was really happy with my photography in this post. Photography is one of my big passions and having a blog post where I’m 100% happy with the work I’ve produced is a great feeling.
2. If you could write a guest post for another blog, which would it be and why?
Honestly, this is something I’ve never really though about, so I don’t really have an answer. At the moment, I’m just enjoying writing blog posts for my own blog, and that’s time consuming enough. I would feel very under pressure if I started writing guest posts on other people’s blogs, simply because I would need it to be completely perfect and it would stress me out! I’m not ruling it out, but at the moment it’s just not something I’m looking into.
3. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Another tough one! I’ve been given so much advice from so many different people, and I take everything on board, but it’s hard to think of one single nugget of information that stands out above the rest. One point that does come to mind is from last year when I was having regular CBT sessions. My therapist made a point that instead of trying to change myself and battling against myself to become somebody else, I should ‘play around a bit’ and experiment with how I react to certain situations.
For example, I would rule out certain events such as parties or even going somewhere alone because I believed I wasn’t confident enough. My answer to that was that my confidence obviously needed some work, and once it was sorted, I would try doing those things. But he made the point that I should just do those things and see how it feels to do those things as an unconfident person. Does that make sense? It resonated with me.
4. What is your all-time-favourite binge-worthy TV series?
Gavin and Stacey is definitely up near the top. I can watch that show on repeat for days on end without tiring of it. I have a new routine where I watch the Christmas Special episode in December when I’m wrapping Christmas presents and it makes me feel so cosy and content.
Other favourites would include The Big Bang Theory, Only Fools and Horses and the IT Crowd.
5. Who inspires you the most, and why?
There isn’t a single person who inspires me, but rather a collection of people who inspire me for different reasons. My mum inspires me because, when I was growing up, she showed me how to be a strong, professional woman. I’ve seen her go through many ups and downs, and through it all she would always put me and my sister at the top of her list of priorities. When I was a toddler, she was juggling a full time job, two young children as well as working on assignments to further her education, and she did it all on her own. She inspires me to be strong, resilient, optimistic and assertive.
Other honourable mentions include Nick Vujicic, Katie Piper, Mandy Harvey, Michelle Elman and Megan Crabbe.
6. If you could recommend to a new blogger that they focus on only one or two social media platforms, which would you choose?
Twitter. Just use twitter. I dislike instagram because it just feels like a massive numbers game. There doesn’t seem to be much interaction or talking between members, it’s just likes and followers, and then followers who unfollow after a day to try and boost their own profile.
Twitter has a community feel to it. Bloggers support each other, reach each other’s posts, comment on their pictures and have actual conversations about things going on in each other’s lives. It’s really welcoming and uplifting.
7. Do you have any pets?
I do! I have three cats (Tom, Molly and Lily) and two crested geckos (Banana & Mango). I also work in a pet shop and in our store we have a Syrian hamster called Domino who isn’t for sale because he’s our store pet, so I’m going to include him on my list too. This question is just asking for photos, so here you go:
8. What do you order when you go out for breakfast?
I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I went out for breakfast. But if I’m actually making an effort to go out somewhere and leaving my beloved bowl of cornflakes behind then I would probably opt for pancakes with maple syrup or croissants.
9. What are you reading right now?
I’m reading a book called ‘Inherit the Truth’ that my grandad gave me to read because he thought I would find it interesting. It’s a true story about a cellist during the holocaust who avoids the gas chambers due to her playing ability. She becomes part of the orchestra at Auschwitz. It’s a very open and honest book and it has really opened my eyes.
10. Do you have a favourite charity you wish people knew more about?
I’m passionate about the charity Beat which is an eating disorder charity. They offer lots of information, not only for people who are suffering with an eating disorder, but also for their family and friends on how to best support them. They also have a Twitter account which you can message 365 days of the year, and I have actually found this incredibly helpful in the past.
11. What are your main blogging goals this month?
This month, I would like to get out and take some beautiful photos. At the moment, my blog is becoming more of a photography gallery than a blogging site, but I’m enjoying it immensely.
I would like to nominate:
The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are your questions!
1. Where is the best place you have travelled to and why did you like it so much?
2. If you could go back in time and experience a part of your past all over again, which experience would it be and why?
3. Have you ever started writing a book? What was it about?
4. What is your favourite song at the moment?
5. If you had to give someone some advice on how to overcome their fears, what would you say?
6. Do you have any pets? (I’m digging for adorable photos here!)
7. If you had to learn another language, which one would it be?
8. What is your fondest childhood memory?
9. How would you describe your personal style?
10. What are your blogging goals?
11. Which film/TV series have you never seen but everyone else seems to have seen it?
Can’t wait to read your answers!